The Liquor Company (LiqCo) aims to protect your privacy and it is our goal to bring you information that is tailored to your individual needs and, at the same time, protect your privacy. This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for the website and email communications.
From time to time we may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the webite to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. LiqCo collects personal information from you including:
• information provided through voluntary registration or use of the website;
• information collected through click tracking in relation to your use of the website, including the content you access;
• information provided by you through any other method, including correspondence and discussion; and
• aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the website and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as your preferences on the Website).
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain functions of the website not being available to you.
In providing you with services, LiqCo may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations but examples of organisations we may need to disclose your information to include the following:
• information may be disclosed to LiqCo’s employees, agents or suppliers for the purpose of performing any services provided through the website;
• a person outside of LiqCo who is contracted to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
• third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
Any personal information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
• obtain feedback on your use of the website or services offered through the website;
• contact you as part of the transaction process when purchasing goods through the website;
• send you periodic emails that you have subscribed to through your nominated email address;
• verification of your identity as a member of the website if you have registered as an account member in accordance with the terms and conditions;
• keep the website relevant and of interest to users;
• monitor, develop and improve the website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for the user;
• investigate any complaints relating to the misuse of the website;
• responding to any queries and/or comments you have sent to LiqCo; and
• such other use that you authorise.
You will have the option to choose to not receive certain types of email communications from LiqCo, except for those that are absolutely necessary to provide you with details of any purchases you have made. Emails will always contain a link at the bottom to be removed from the mailing list or you can unsubscribe via your account page.
When making an order, LiqCo also requests credit card or other payment account information which are maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. LiqCo does not share this information with any third party except for those companies responsible for processing credit card transactions for LiqCo.
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right of access to, and correction of, personal information we hold. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, you can update this on our website using your account page or you can contact us directly and we will correct it.